Stand Navy out to sea
Fight our battle cry
We’ll never change our course
So vicious foes steer shy-y-y-y
Roll out the TNT, anchors aweigh
Sail on to victory
And sink their bones to Davy Jones
Anchors aweigh my boys
Farewell to foreign shores
We sail at the break of day-y-y-y
Through our last night on shore
Drink to the foam
Until we meet once more
Here’s wishing you a happy voyage home
Blue of the mighty deep
Gold of God’s great sun
Let these colors be
Till all of time be done, done, done, done
On seven seas we learn
Navy’s stern call
Faith, courage, service true
With honor over honor over all
11 general orders of a sentry
1. To take charge of this post and all government property in view.
2. To walk my post in a military manner, keeping always on the alert, and observing everything that takes place within sight of hearing.
3. To report all violations of orders I am instructed to enforce.
4. To repeat all calls from posts more distant from the guardhouse than my own.
5. To quit my post only when properly relieved.
6. To receive, obey and pass onto the Sentry who relieves me, all orders from the Commanding Officer, Command Duty Officer, Officer of the Deck, and Officers and Petty Officers of the Watch only.
7. To talk to no one except in the line of duty.
8. To give the alarm in case of fire or disorder.
9. To call the Officer of the Deck in any case not covered by instructions.
10. To salute all officers and all colors and standards not cased.
11. To be especially watchful at night, and, during the time for challenging, to challenge all person on or near my post and to allow no one to pass without proper authority.